Easy Mode - The Ultimate Guide to Creating Custom Plaid Patterns (PNG & SVG) and Previewing Them on Shirt, Cars, Phone Cases, Bags (8 mock-up tools)
Create custom black and white checkered plaid patterns in seconds — and instantly preview them on shirts, skirts, tote bags, phone cases, cars, and more.
This free tool lets you easily change the two colors, download high-quality PNG & SVG files, and test your designs with 9+ professional mockup tools.Bonus:
Free ZIP download with 10 ready-to-use plaid patterns
Walkthrough video showing the full workflow from start to finish
Whether you're making Print-on-Demand products, custom crafts, wrapping paper, or just experimenting for fun, this guide gives you everything you need in one place.
STEP BY STEP (OVERVIEW):
1. START WITH BASE PATTERN (links below)
2. CHANGE COLORS (with a few clicks then click "GO")3. DOWNLOAD .PNG (right clicking pattern image and "Save Image as"). LEFT CLICK ON PATTERN TO GENERATE .SVG (right clicking on SVG and "Save Image as").4. TRY .PNG ON SHIRT/SKIRT/BAG/PHONE/CAR/DOOR/FROG etc. (see mock-up links below then on mock-up tools page, just choose to open Downloaded .PNG).![]() |
The Interface: lets you easily change the 2 colors and lets you get .PNG or .SVG (first right click the image(s) and Save As [while using the design page links])
The Goods: plaid-patterns.com/random-plaid.html?seed=3709693&colors=ffffff000000&pattern=4,4&manualcolors=0,1&mirror=0
Change 2 colors again to get pink and blue plaid plaid-patterns.com/random-plaid.html?seed=3709693&colors=7875ffffbdd4&pattern=4%2C4&manualcolors=0%2C1&mirror=0
Change 2 colors to dark blue and red plaid-patterns.com/random-plaid.html?seed=3709693&colors=0300b8ff2929&pattern=4%2C4&manualcolors=0%2C1&mirror=0
Grok suggested that this blog would be worth even more if I added a few mock ups. So since I already have shirt mock up page on plaid-patterns.com I just asked chatGPT to add an option to the tool to allow me to select a PNG from my laptop.
And now, using this new tool/page: plaid-patterns.com/shirt-mockup.php (I can select my black and white .PNG from the top design link. and have these
While we're at it with mockups, let's also create a tool to use freely for skirt mockups: plaid-patterns.com/skirt-mockup.php
The Goods: plaid-patterns.com/random-plaid.html?seed=3709693&colors=ffffff000000&pattern=4,4&manualcolors=0,1&mirror=0
From the Goods, you're 3 mouse clicks away from (1 color change) and you get buffalo plaid pattern plaid-patterns.com/random-plaid.html?seed=3709693&colors=000000ff0000&pattern=4%2C4&manualcolors=0%2C1&mirror=0and also 3 clicks away from (another color change and we get table cloth or fancy napkins checkered plaid) plaid-patterns.com/random-plaid.html?seed=3709693&colors=ffffffff0000&pattern=4%2C4&manualcolors=0%2C1&mirror=0
Just for fun: asked Grok what it thinks this blog post is worth:
Change 2 colors to dark green and super light green plaid-patterns.com/random-plaid.html?seed=3709693&colors=94ffd100c25e&pattern=4%2C4&manualcolors=0%2C1&mirror=0
Change 2 colors again to get pink and blue plaid plaid-patterns.com/random-plaid.html?seed=3709693&colors=7875ffffbdd4&pattern=4%2C4&manualcolors=0%2C1&mirror=0
Change 2 colors to dark blue and red plaid-patterns.com/random-plaid.html?seed=3709693&colors=0300b8ff2929&pattern=4%2C4&manualcolors=0%2C1&mirror=0
Grok suggested that this blog would be worth even more if I added a few mock ups. So since I already have shirt mock up page on plaid-patterns.com I just asked chatGPT to add an option to the tool to allow me to select a PNG from my laptop.
And now, using this new tool/page: plaid-patterns.com/shirt-mockup.php (I can select my black and white .PNG from the top design link. and have these
![]() |
| Mock up shirt after enter 500 instead of 1000 for scaling |
Ok then I thought this mock up page might be useful to people who don't want the plaid-patterns.com name on it too so I removed the site name (full free to use mock up now).
Here's an example using one of the above plaids .PNG
![]() |
| Removed plaid-patterns.com labelling for others to use the mock up tool freely |
While we're at it with mockups, let's also create a tool to use freely for skirt mockups: plaid-patterns.com/skirt-mockup.php
![]() |
| diagonal option used on skirt mockup |
![]() |
| default skirt mockup |
Grok said this post is now worth like from $45 to $130 CAD now, let's keep going and add more mock-up tools. Here's a tote bag mock-up tool: plaid-patterns.com/bag-mockup.php
![]() |
| tote bag mock up tool with default settings |
![]() |
| tote bag mock up tool with diagonal option |
Let's continue on with more mock-up tools. Here's a luck-frog mockup tool: plaid-patterns.com/lucky-frog-mockup.php
![]() |
| using another changed colored plaid .PNG with the lucky frog sticker mock-up tool |
Let's do a table cloth mock-up tool. Table-cloth mockup tool: plaid-patterns.com/table-mockup.php
![]() |
| Table cloth mockup using table mockup tool |
And finally, let's do a phone case mock up tool. Phone case mockup tool: plaid-patterns.com/phone-mockup.php
There I think I am done for now with mock-up tools.
Ok Grok's estimation of value of this blogpost got me a little excited so I did a car exterior mockup tool:plaid-patterns.com/car-mockup.php.
![]() |
| Plaid pattern on car using car exterior mockup tool |
And here, we have a Door Mock-up Tool: plaid-patterns.com/door-mockup.php
Let's see what Grok values this blogpost at now!
Ok, that's it for now. If anyone enjoys using these mock up tools and would like to see more images used for more mockups, just let me know in the comments. The mock up image (specifically the item we're putting pattern/design over) just has to be light in color (best if already white and has some shadows for details).
It could be a fun game where we are the players suggesting mock ups and making them while the AI gets to judge this blogpost, i'll just keep adding on more as we go...
I think I can do better by sharing for free my plaid bundle that links to dynamic local html page that I am trying to sell on Etsy (I am try to sell for $14.99 CAD): In the above Etsy product I have an html page that looks like this (10 plaid patterns) where user can click on the link of each one on bottom that goes to a local web browser page that lets you change color.
![]() |
| This is an image show index.html included in Etsy bundle of 10 plaid patterns |
Ok, next we have an embedded video walk-through (like Grok said):




.png)










Comments
Post a Comment