Audio from the real world as source of Entropy

I don't know if you remember.
A while back there was an artist that would capture wind and translates it to motion. I tried to do something similar but didn't have the right equipment had to use some old static data from some site.

Today I was playing around trying to add a "Random Pause" button to the youtube page with Tampermonkey and well that didn't work. Maybe because I am not experienced with Tampermonkey or ChatGPT has problem understanding the Youtube interface.

Then I thought hey, what if I asked chatGPT to write me a program that simulates a spacebar key when I say "play". so that it pauses youtube when i say play. This worked but the reaction time is slow not very practical. I only wanted this feature because I thought of showing a video that shows random numbers really fast and then whenever it pauses that's the number someone could play the lottery with.

Then I remember getting random numbers from images treating images as source of "entropy" (new word for me not that new but always guessed at its meaning until chatGPT used the phrase: "The idea is to use the unpredictable nature of real-world audio as a source of entropy.") When I asked chatGPT instead of trying to recognize audio, just give me sum of frequencies mod-ed by say 100 that should cover most lotteries.

Then it did it and it's decent reaction time since now it's just raw audio and doesn't have to use speech recognition...it's actually better for what I am intending because it's noise from the physical world.

So then I thought like that artist, he did with wind, here we can do it with sound including ambient sounds (just raw sound).

Then I thought 
live sound => number for lottery
live sound => numbers that I can use for abstract art
live sound => piano notes/sound chimes ya know instead of wind it's sound
basically anytime you want a random item from list of items.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circular Loom Black & White Design

Love see individual frames all at once